Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events

#11   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:15 AM

Psyke as said above while it may be fun taking 25 people into the raid due to the fact you can never guarantee when we have it, trying to organise a 25man raid for it would be pointless as you could have the people but not the zone. you could try to pug a 25man out of the guild but it's very unlikely you can find 25 people at the same time who want to do more so now 10 man and 25man use the same lockout meaning if people wait for a 25 man the longer you wait the more people will of done 10 man and the more people will be unable to come. also suggesting to people not to do the 10 man could lead to them not getting to do the raid at all.

so while it may be fun it just isn't practical.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:23 AM

There is an argument that we have the numbers for dedicated pvp, we can calculate when TB will be up for assualt and do a 'pvp run' - if nothing but honour gains, we gain a raid as a bonus run.
    Granted its more difficult to co-ordinate with Epic/Win/Awesome raid nights, but in theory i suppose we could get this running once a week - especially for the dailies, nothing to stop us 5 manning them in the run up. 2*5 or 5*5 = raid teams for BH.

I'll investigate to see if there is an addon to calculate when the next event takes place to assist in 'calandaring' this.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:25 AM

I think this is a very good idea and can involve those in raid teams and those who aren't.

However, I would suggest running it in 10 man groups as they are easier to organise and as the loot drop is the same (almost) there isn't much difference. You could still all go in and fight for the area before hand (and use strategies via Vent) and then just split off into groups, pug some players if you have an odd few places and get lots of loot and have fun.

Although 25 mans are fun, when you are looking at an area which the Horde only hold for a limited amount of time at unpredictable times I think it would be beneficial to run 10 mans.

All that being said you may find that 25 people turn up and you have right set up to run a 25 man. It is all fairly unpredictable so it would probably be a case of come up with a date/time and just see what happens.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:48 AM

this also stacks heavily in favour of dps. better to have 3 10 man groups where 6 tanks, 6 healers and 12dps get lootz rather than 2/4/19, as our priority is 10 man raid teams.

Ofc i am a tank so i am biasd, but i am also right

Foosfighting 12/11/2010
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Urumqi View Post
    this also stacks heavily in favour of dps. better to have 3 10 man groups where 6 tanks, 6 healers and 12dps get lootz rather than 2/4/19, as our priority is 10 man raid teams.

Ofc i am a tank so i am biasd, but i am also right
    nyah nyah nyah nyah!

Go go DPS!

Out of interest tactics for Argoloth are simple enough?

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2011, 05:32 PM

The boss is very easy, its just mainly a dispel/taunt/lots of dps fight (With occasional movement).
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Would love to do baradins hold more for the chance of some epic loot for pvp and pve. Just think it would be difficult to do with alot of the teams raiding two to three nights a week to find 25 players to do baradins hold.

If you can sort it mate I will Most definitely try be there!

Last edited by Rolleo; 01-11-2011 at 01:22 PM.