Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#21   Report Post  
    Old 04-13-2012, 10:14 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Manuel Calavera
    Default Isn't it obvious what's wrong with it?

Ummm,

I don't need to make a bug report here, because the bug is the defective video player by design.

The biggest problem I have is that it plays a little and then starts buffering, but never finishes buffering.

The design issue is that it doesn't tell you it's stopped buffering. Every decent streaming player ever invented or used on the internet has a grey bar that extends beyond the current play point to tell you how much has buffered.

That's all it would need to solve a whole host of problems. All you'd need to know is contained in how much of the stream has buffered. If the connection is interrupted and has stopped buffering, at LEAST THEN I KNOW. First rule of UI design!!! FEEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 AM

so is there a better place than this to say the vido player from pc gamer on steam doesn't play videos correctly anymore? because when I click on visit forums on steam it directs me to this one and this thread is about problems with a video player you use

When I play back a video the audio is behaving just fine but the video stops after 0,5 seconds until I pause and unpause or skip to another point in time of the video where the same happens again
    I don't really see any connection to a webbrowser here but just in case:
    W7UM Firefox (Internet Explorer disabled)
    Flash PLayer Version 11,2,202,228
    Versatel (Germany)
    AdbLockPlus (&NoScript)
    but unless the programm uses a web browser to play the videos this shouldn't matter
    And if this entire forum is the wrong place to tell this, why is the does steam redirect me here?
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2012, 03:16 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Djerun View Post
    so is there a better place than this to say the vido player from pc gamer on steam doesn't play videos correctly anymore? because when I click on visit forums on steam it directs me to this one and this thread is about problems with a video player you use

When I play back a video the audio is behaving just fine but the video stops after 0,5 seconds until I pause and unpause or skip to another point in time of the video where the same happens again
    I don't really see any connection to a webbrowser here but just in case:
    W7UM Firefox (Internet Explorer disabled)
    Flash PLayer Version 11,2,202,228
    Versatel (Germany)
    AdbLockPlus (&NoScript)
    but unless the programm uses a web browser to play the videos this shouldn't matter
    And if this entire forum is the wrong place to tell this, why is the does steam redirect me here?
    This is the PC Gamer forum, but this particular thread you've posted in is for videos posted on the website, rather than to do with the Steam application.