News fountains on tap today: Of Orcs and Men (opens in new tab) shows green people bicker just like us, the stone-faced Agent 47 of Hitman: Absolution (opens in new tab) shows off his creativity for the kill, and Mass Effect 3 (opens in new tab) gets its biggest multiplayer update yet. I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite "read more" segue on PC Gamer.
- Of Orcs and Men's newest trailer (opens in new tab) proves orcs and goblins become quite argumentative over the wholesale slaughter of evil humans. Sort of like presidential debates.
- Hitman: Absolution's equally new trailer (opens in new tab) reveals various options for snuffing out a life, including murder on the dancefloor and a swagger away from an explosion with an expression hard enough to cut diamonds. Confirmed: Disco actually kills.
- Mass Effect 3's Retaliation multiplayer DLC (opens in new tab) releases for free on October 9 and adds environmental hazards, new weapons, and the return of the Collectors as an enemy faction.
- Blizzard plans to ease up on World of Warcraft's (opens in new tab) sometimes lengthy reputation grinds by bestowing rate bonuses for alternative characters once your primary hero reaches revered with a faction. "Hey, now that you practically worship the ground I walk upon, do you mind hooking up my buddy?"
- Skyrim's Hearthfire DLC (opens in new tab) sits on Steam for $5 and lets you become this guy (opens in new tab) while you simultaneously yell dragons to death.
- This is probably the most accurate depiction (opens in new tab) of my experiences in Mists of Pandaria thus far.