Guile gives us a glimpse of his hair care routine in new Street Fighter 6 trailer

The new Street Fighter 6 Guile trailer shown during the Summer Game Fest stream (embedded above) looks exactly like what I expect a new Street Fighter game to look like, which belies that there are some surprising features in this game: real-time commentary and an open world mode, which were announced earlier this week.

The Guile trailer gives us a look at the real meat of SF6, in the sense that the character movesets are going to be what players spend the most time digesting, and in the sense that Guile is absolutely beefed. He hasn't changed much, although there are "fresh additions" to his moveset along with his usual signature attacks, Capcom says.

We also see him take a moment to refresh his signature hairdo. Fair enough: He's got a brand to maintain, and 80% of it sits on his scalp. (The other 20% is his theme song, which famously goes with everything).

Street Fighter 6 is scheduled to release sometime next year, and the PC version will come to Steam.

Tyler Wilde
Executive Editor

Tyler grew up in Silicon Valley during the rise of personal computers, playing games like Zork and Arkanoid on the early PCs his parents brought home. He was later captivated by Myst, SimCity, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Bushido Blade (yeah, he had Bleem!), and all the shooters they call "boomer shooters" now. In 2006, Tyler wrote his first professional review of a videogame: Super Dragon Ball Z for the PS2. He thought it was OK. In 2011, he joined PC Gamer, and today he's focused on the site's news coverage. His hobbies include amateur boxing and adding to his 1,200-plus hours in Rocket League.