With Relic's epic real-time strategy affair marching ever closer to a launch date, our cover feature this month sees Samuel taking our most comprehensive look the long-awaited Warhammer 40K sequel. After more than ten hours of steadfast battling, find out what he's got to report from the lost planet Acheron.
Elsewhere inside, we take a look at Middle-earth: Shadow of War, the massively expanded sequel to 2014's Shadow of Mordor, and gather the top 50 free games on PC in our now annually updated list. Other previews this month include The Surge, Ruiner, Hevn, Sunless Skies and more. And after all that we've still managed to ask in feature form: Why are survival games on Steam invariably unfinished?
Issue 292 is on shelves now and available on all your digital devices from and the (opens in new tab). You can also order direct from (opens in new tab) or (opens in new tab) to save money, and receive monthly deliveries.
- Samuel takes our most comprehensive look yet at Dawn of War 3.
- We gather the best 50 free games on PC.
- Chris Thursten returns to review Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- Our first look at Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
- We ask: Why are survival games on Steam invariably unfinished?
- Halo Wars 2, Stories Untold, Ghost Recon Wildlands, and more reviewed.
- The Surge, Ruiner, Hevn and more previewed.
- Our gaming headset group test.
- And much more!