This month, we sent Ross Geller apologist James Davenport into the prehistoric techno world of Ark: Survival Evolved. He returned not with dino fossils, but with loads of exclusive information on the game's new Tek Tier, and where the Early Access-dwelling survival sandbox is heading in future.
Speaking of the future, Samuel spent a few hours with The Creative Assembly's Halo Wars 2—the follow-up to 2009's RTS slant on the enduring sci-fi universe. Elsewhere inside, Phil delivers his verdict on Battlefield 1—which might be the best multiplayer shooter of the year; while Tom Senior explores the origins of Company of Heroes on the tenth anniversary of its release.
Previews this month include The Signal from Tölva, For Honor, Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood, and many more.
Issue 287 is on shelves now and available on all your digital devices from Google Play, and the App Store (opens in new tab) (they may be slow to update—look for the laser-shooting dinos on the front). You can also order direct from (opens in new tab) or (opens in new tab) to save money, and receive monthly deliveries.
- James offers exclusive insights into Ark: Survival Evolved's new Tek Tier.
- Samuel spends a few hours in The Creative Assembly's Halo Wars 2.
- Tom Hatfield gathers the 20 best mods for some of the best-ever PC games.
- Phil delivers his verdict on Battlefield 1.
- Tom Senior explores how classic RTS Company of Heroes was made.
- Battlefield 1, Shadow Warrior 2, FIFA 17, Civ 6, and more reviewed.
- The Signal from Tölva, For Honor, Serial Cleaner, and more previewed.
- Our monitor group test.
- And much more!