The Minecraft 1.1 patch has arrived! The video from Hat films above covers the new features nicely quite nicely, and they've been listed over on the Mojang blog as well. 1.1 additions include better bows, a mysterious "Golden Apple recipe," different coloured eggs that can be used to spawn mobs and multiple language translations.
Sheep are sheepier than ever, too, with the addition of a new behaviour that lets them gobble grass to grow more wool for you to punch. You'll find the list of enhancements from the Mojang blog posted below.
- Bow Enchantments
- Golden Apple recipe
- New language translations.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
- Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
- Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
- Removed collision box from ladders
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
PC Gamer Newsletter
Sign up to get the best content of the week, and great gaming deals, as picked by the editors.
Part of the UK team, Tom was with PC Gamer at the very beginning of the website's launch—first as a news writer, and then as online editor until his departure in 2020. His specialties are strategy games, action RPGs, hack ‘n slash games, digital card games… basically anything that he can fit on a hard drive. His final boss form is Deckard Cain.