Every Monday, Build of the week highlights a unique rig from the web’s most dedicated PC building communities.
This custom open-air PC from Reddit user GodZ-ilA is as gorgeous as it is vulnerable to dust. To keep a rig like this spotless, we'd have a can of compressed air on our desk within arm's reach. But the resulting purity? So worth it.
The open design makes this a prime build for swapping out parts for testing purposes. The small box base was built from U-Channel and 2mm aluminum sheets, with a few pieces, such as the backside’s perforated metal, salvaged from an old side panel. Hard drives and the PSU live inside the box, while the motherboard and everything else sits on top.
As an added bonus, GodZ-ilA also built a USB volume knob with a matching black and white aesthetic. A full guide of that build is available on Instructables. Congrats on the prettiest test bench we've seen, GodZ-ilA!
- CPU: i7-4770k
- Cooler: Phanteks Cooler
- RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Black DDR3
- Motherboard: Asrock Z87M Extreme4
- Graphics card: EVGA GTX 750Ti SC
- Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB, Intel 520 126GB, WD Caviar Green 1.5TB, WD Scorpio Blue 1TB, Seagate Constellation 2 1TB
- Wi-fi card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I
- Power supply: SilverStone Modular 600W