From now—as in, right now—until January 7, Apex Legends will be celebrating the holidays with a new limited-time event called Mirage's Holo-Day Bash. The event will include a new LTM that's actually not a battle royale, but a 3v3v3 "point capture" mode called Winter Express.
In Winter Express, each character comes equipped with a predetermined and unchanging loadout—there's no looting in this one. The goal is simply to capture the Holiday Express as it moves from station to station, along a smaller radius than usual to ensure that the action stays hot. Eliminated players will respawn every round, and characters can be swapped mid-match. First team to capture three points wins the match.
The Town Takeover this time around is the Mirage Voyage, Mirage's personal party boat, which can be found at World's Edge. Take a dip in the hot tub, go for a spin around the dance floor and "push the button to get this party started," whatever that means. Naturally, the Holo-Day Bash will have new premium cosmetics, all available for direct purchase with Apex Coins or crafting materials, and that will also be available in Event Apex Packs for the duration. If you unlock all 24 Holo-Day Bash Collection Pack Items, you'll also get the Pathfinder Heirloom for free.
Full details on the Apex Legends Holo-Day Bash event are up at ea.com. The quick-and-dirty, if you prefer, is down below.
- Limited Time Mode - Winter Express: A non-Battle Royale point-capture mode featuring three teams of three
- Exclusive event challenges with free earnable cosmetics, including two Legendary weapon skins
- Town Takeover - The Mirage Voyage
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetics available directly for Apex Coins and Crafting Metals and available through Holo-Day Bash Event Packs
- Pathfinder Heirloom Set Preview: Unlock all 24 Holo-Day Bash Event Pack cosmetics during the event and unlock the Pathfinder Heirloom set for free
- Double XP Weekend: 10am PST on December 13th through 10am PST on December 16th