Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to OK-47
    Default Warrior Forumsite

I monitor the official warrior section of the wow forums every day, and am a regular poster in the @day threads. These threads are a sort of blog of warrior related chit chat, what we did on that day in or out of WoW, and just a general bonding of the warrior community. It was a great thing amongst the sea of QQ threads.

Earlier today however, we log in to find all of the @day threads deleted and find out that one of the more active members of our little community got forum banned having all his posts deleted (including a big long uptodate protection guide). So we start the day's @Monday thread again, and people expressed confusion as to what had happened. It gets deleted. So we make a post on the customer service section asking what on earth is going on and we get pointed to the code of conduct, and the thread gets locked. OK, so the only rule our @day threads were breaking was the "no repeated threads of the same topic".

I go back and start up a new thread "@Today" so we can carry on but in accordance to the forum rules, using only this thread.
    Thread gets locked
    what
    More threads get created, and locked.
    what
    We are all outraged, and I am totally disgusted by Blizzard's forum moderating. Just when a nice thing came out of the forums Blizz destroys it. What about the endless repeated QQ about mobility and damage buffs? Why pick on the one thing that everyone enjoys? Yes it may have been a little on the spammy side, a new thread every day - but it didn't bother anyone.

Sooo many of us have left Blizzard's forums, and a free forum website for warriors has been created.
    [URL="http://warhub.forumer.com/index.php"]http://warhub.forumer.com/index.php[/URL]
    So come Warriors, to our new forum - who knows, maybe it'll become something big!

OK47 - BATTLELOG

(Inactive)Oskrilyth - Warrior
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2011, 10:45 AM

That sounds rather strange on a Blizz gm. Maybe he was having a really bad day.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2011, 11:26 AM

Don't play WoW anymore. But I played for 6 years until just after Cata.

The official forums have always been completely rubbish. The moderators end up endorsing useless/incorrect information through stickies, refuse to update existing stickies, lack fast response to spam etc... Don't expect that to change. It didn't take me long to just solely end up hanging out on the mmo-champion forums instead (I eventually became a moderator there). Far better environment. The people on the official forums also often lack the skill necessary for in-depth class discussion (there are, of course, exceptions); this is purely a result of not being able to draw in the more hardcore crowd (whom are naturally attracted elsewhere).

I don't think your new Warrior site is going to turn big unless you have some sort of exclusivity on useful guides/information written by people contributing there (ie. a reason to go there outside of the social aspect). The concept really only works for realm-wide forums that get a large following. I'd just try and find a WoW news site you find yourself visiting regularly and sign up there. You'll likely appreciate the larger community.

Steam Profile

Last edited by Carbonific; 10-18-2011 at 11:37 AM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carbonific View Post
    Don't play WoW anymore. But I played for 6 years until just after Cata.

The official forums have always been completely rubbish. The moderators end up endorsing useless/incorrect information through stickies, refuse to update existing stickies, lack fast response to spam etc... Don't expect that to change. It didn't take me long to just solely end up hanging out on the mmo-champion forums instead (I eventually became a moderator there). Far better environment. Also, I hate to sound elitist but the people on the official forums often lack the skill necessary for in-depth class discussion (there are, of course, exceptions); this is purely a result of not being able to draw in the more hardcore crowd.
    I agree. I seldom visit the official forums.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2011, 04:21 PM

Talking

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zalid View Post
    I agree. I seldom visit the official forums.
    I only go to the forums when I want a chuckle.

And if you want an idea, see this old thread: [url]http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499[/url]

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)