Every Monday, Build of the week highlights a unique rig from the web's most dedicated PC building communities.
Blue. It’s a color. Air. It’s that good breathing stuff. Computers. They’re computers. Combine the three and you get Project XnineNINE, a custom build from Malik Customs that maximizes minimalism. It’s an open face build harboring some serious components in a clean utilitarian pose. Were the XnineNINE mounted on a wall, I’d be looking for an artist’s statement.
No open face build gets away without looking a little chunky—bearing it all has that effect, but thanks to the smart use of color, the blues distract from the components’ visual noise and provide a stark contrast to the black framing. It’s a lovely combo that draws the eye towards the build’s best features. That is some beautiful cooling work. Doesn't it just make you want to sing?
Project XnineNINE components:
- CPU: Intel 5960X
- Mobo: Asus X99-A/3.1 USB
- Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II 7.1
- RAM: HyperX Savage 64GB DDR4 2800Mhz
- SSD: HyperX Predator 240GB
- HDD: WD RED WD60EFRX 6 TB
- GPU: Inno3D GTX 980 Ti
- Chassis: Thermaltake Core P5
- Cables: Cablemod Custom Set Silver/Blue
- EK-Vardar F2-120
- EK-CoolStream PE 480
- EK-FB ASUS X99 Monoblock - Nickel
- EK-FC Titan X - Nickel
- EK-FC Titan X Backplate - Nickel
- EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump)
- EK-RES X3 - TUBE 250
- EK-Ekoolant EVO UV BLUE
- EK-ACF Fitting 12/16mm - Blue
- &nbsp;EK-ACF Fitting 12/16mm - Silver
- TUBE PrimoChill PrimoFlex™ Advanced