Discovery... Hope... The future . That's what you'll find in the new issue of PC Gamer UK. Admittedly nothing quite as grandiose as the future of humanity. Instead, we're taking a look at the future of Firaxis, and their recently announced Alpha Centauri successor Civilization: Beyond Earth . Tom Senior journeyed into the unknown, becoming the first person outside the studio to try the sci-fi 4X strategy. You can read his hands-on report exclusively in this issue .
Also in this issue, Andy talks to David Braben about Elite: Dangerous and the return of the space sim, and Chris Schilling takes a look at the new kings of comedy gaming. That's not all. This month, we're giving away two free gifts: a New Player Pack for Warframe, and a light recon tank for War Thunder . The issue, which is in shops now, can be ordered through My Favourite Magazines . Digitally, you'll find it on the App Store , Google Play , and Zinio , and you can subscribe to get issues delivered directly to your door. Read on for a look at the subs cover, and a round-up of the features in issue 266.
This month we...
- Go hands-on with Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Talk space with David Braben
- Preview Soma, EVE Valkyrie, Hyper Light Drifter, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Concursion, Landmark and Transformers: Universe
- Talk to the developers working to make games funny again
- Review The Elder Scrolls Online, Age of Wonders 3, Goat Simulator, Dark Souls 2, Warlock 2: The Exiled, Ether One, Reaper of Souls, Deus Ex: The Fall, Betrayer, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD, Storm of Vengeance, Smite, Trials Fusion, Burial at Sea: Episode 2
- Alpha-judge NomNom Galaxy, Running With Rifles, Godus, Melody's Escape and Carmageddon: Reincarnation
- Supertest sub-£100 motherboards
- Review micro-PCs and gaming laptops
- Return to FTL for the Advanced Edition update
- Offer a defence of Mass Effect's Mako in Reinstall
- Watch gods fall in Tom's Dominions 4 diary
All that, and so much more. See you next month!