Sidestepping Dry January, Phil visited an alien-infested space station this month by way of Prey—Arkane's latest forthcoming immersive sim. Echoing the curious mix-and-match approach to surviving dystopia best demonstrated by BioShock, Phil chatted with the Dishonored developer about how players will explore Prey's interstellar setting, challenge its exotic ne'er-do-wells and, um, transform themselves into coffee mugs. Discover how that went in this month's cover story.
Elsewhere inside, Ben Tyrer has played Mass Effect: Andromeda and is dying to share the secrets of a galaxy not so far away. Our Great Games of 2017 is an exhaustive guide to this year's incoming releases, and what you should be getting excited about; while we also chat to a number of developers about what makes a great videogame villain.
Our selection of previews this month includes Mass Effect: Andromeda, For Honor, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Nier: Automata, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 and more. And as if that wasn't enough, this month's issue also comes packing a free Fractured Space Steam key Cadet Pack and PCG skin.
Issue 301 is on shelves now and available on all your digital devices from , the and (they may be slow to update—look for that fabulous Prey artwork). You can also order direct from or to save yourself some cash, receive monthly deliveries and marvel at at our exclusive subscriber covers. This month's is stunning:
- Phil talks to the Arkane team about their latest immersive sim Prey.
- Ben Tyrer shares his thoughts on Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- Great Games of 2017: our exhaustive guide to this year’s coming releases.
- We ask a host of developers what makes great videogame villains.
- Watch Dogs 2, Orwell, Killing Floor 2, Dead Rising 4, and more reviewed.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda, For Honor, Nier: Automata, and more previewed.
- Our SSD group test.
- And much more!