Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-11-2012, 02:24 PM

Default lfr thoughts

Did LFR last night, here's the lowdown.

Queued with the guild group and we got in after about 10 minutes - I got stuck on the loading screen and then disconnected. My vent never dropped so it was a woW-specific thing.
    When I got back on a minute later I had been auto-kicked from the raid.

Queued again on my lonesome and again got in after 10/15 minutes, this time into a LFR group that was on the final boss. Killed it pretty easy, but decided to queue a third time so I could see the first 2 bosses.

Again it was about a 10 minute queue. First boss was long but straightforward. Second boss we wiped once beacuse players like to stand in stupid places, but got him down on our second try. I stayed for the 3rd boss in order to get my Valor points.

Here's stuff you need to know:
    you get 90 VP's the first time you complete LFR per week.
    you get 45 VP's for every subsequent run that week.
    you only get chance for loot from each boss once a week
    using elder charms of good fortune might only give you gold - i used 3 charms, and killed 3 bosses so had 6 chances of loot but only got 6 chunks of gold.

Once we start clearing 10-man bosses I recommend saving your elder charms for that or for the world bosses. Unless you are overwhlemed with charms - you can only have 10 max from what I understand.

Everyone should try and do LFR before our raid on monday. Even though it's much much easier than 10-man you'll see the basic mechanics of each fight. Is much easier to understand than if you've only read tactics or ability lists online.
    Assuming you dont wipe. it should only take an hour or so to clear.

Hope this helps!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM

Thanks for that.

I'm a bit confused about using Elder charms in Normal/Heroic. Surely we will use Master Looter on Normal and distribute loot via that. I thought the new loot system was for LFR only.

As you only get 3 Elder charms a week I saw someone mention to use them on the two world bosses and one in LFR.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    I'm a bit confused about using Elder charms in Normal/Heroic. Surely we will use Master Looter on Normal and distribute loot via that. I thought the new loot system was for LFR only.
    Lots of people are confused about the elder charms, thinking they're only for the LFR/world bosses. However you CAN use them on ANY raid boss - including normal 10/25 raids.

I was reading a blue post on this the other day but can't find it - instead here is a link to a worldofmatticus post about them.

[url]http://www.worldofmatticus.com/save-those-lucky-charms-raiders/[/url]
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-11-2012, 05:16 PM

the charms do work in normal/heroic they work the same way they just give a chance to get loot again, but as akee founds out the loot from them is subject to RNG, they don't guarantee loot on any difficulty they can give you nothing, they can give you a sack of gold or they could give you an item from that boss. if it was guaranteed loot they would be that OP raid leaders would be forcing people to have and use them every week.

so akee your charms worked as intended the game decided you won loot (sometimes the loot roll doesn't even give you a bag of gold) and it also decided you had won the bag of gold rather than an item.

as for how they work in normal/heroic, its the exact same way they work in LFR/world boss, you kill the boss if you have the charms the box pops up asking if you want to use it.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-11-2012, 06:42 PM

To elaborate a bit...when you kill a boss in 10-man, he drops two pieces of loot that are allocated in the normal way.

In addition, anyone who has an elder charm on their character gets the option, upon the kill, to spend a charm for a chance of extra loot. If you do get something, this is soulbound immediately.

We killed 4 bosses on 10-man last week, and I used a charm on each, and got two epic items, which is a pretty good return I think!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 PM

Just want to say I know my charms worked as intended - didn't mean to imply I expected loot when using them
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 PM

Thanks Darieth for the clarification. Did not know they would be usable in normal/heroic until Bel said about it. Shame you can only get 3 a week, but any extra helps
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-12-2012, 09:21 PM

I'd strongly recommend not wasting the tokens on LFR...you'll certainly be knocking over more than 3 normal bosses a week very soon, and the loot is far better.

Galleon has a lot of decent stuff, though, so might be worth a punt.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 10-14-2012, 02:36 AM

If you are feeling very lucky Sha of Anger is a good place to spend charms.

There is a very very small chance you could pick up t14 2pc before Heart of Fear even opens.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 10-14-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    If you are feeling very lucky Sha of Anger is a good place to spend charms.

There is a very very small chance you could pick up t14 2pc before Heart of Fear even opens.
    That's true Klog. Quite a few of us have managed to pick up one piece so far