In today's news we didn't post: Mass Effect 3's next weekend event (opens in new tab) , a new Assassin's Creed 3 dev diary (opens in new tab) , and a train ride with the internet irony squad. Also today, Torchlight II was released (opens in new tab) . Between that, Borderlands 2, Black Mesa Source, and FTL, it's a wonder no one here has suddenly come down with the flu or been temporarily crippled by a freak spelunking accident. Much more below.
- Mass Effect 3's Operation Patriot multiplayer event happens this weekend (opens in new tab) . Also, BioWare is now outsourcing copy writing to US politicians.
- The fourth and final Assassin's Creed 3 developer diary video (opens in new tab) is up. People talk about history while others are murdered in their throats.
- Diablo III, World of Warcraft, and StarCraft II are finally getting an "appear offline" option (opens in new tab) . What are you hiding from, huh? You don't like it when I join your Diablo III session and complain that you teleport to town too much? And can I pls have ur crossbow pls??
- First gameplay trailer for Day One: Garry's Incident (opens in new tab) , a survival FPS featuring steampunk spiders and screaming psychedelic primates.
- The Castle Crashers Steam page is up (opens in new tab) , and it's out on September 26th.
- Card Hunter's PAX trailer is on YouTube (opens in new tab) . A bit belated, so now it's hunting for an apology card.
- There's a new Lord of the Rings Online developer diary (opens in new tab) about the Riders of Rohan expansion.
- The first Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 DLC expansion decks (opens in new tab) are now available on Steam.
- Train-hype train: Train Simulator 2013 released on Steam (opens in new tab) , now with more Steam Workshop.
- PvZ Zombies Gangnam Style (opens in new tab) makes us very uncomfortable.
That's today's list! Feel free to share any other PC gaming news we may have skipped.