Welcome to the issue of PC Gamer that nearly burned Future Publishing to the ground. Our Dark Souls 3 cover feature is so potent that it set our office printer on fire. I know these introductory paragraphs are usually filled with lighthearted whimsy, but not this time. This really happened (opens in new tab).
In addition to Andi Hamilton's hands-on feature, this issue also features an interview with Dark Souls series director Hidetaka Miyazaki. He talks to us about mystery, tragedy and big, scary dragons. If you can't wait for Dark Souls 3, you'll be able to play it before anyone else at the PC Gamer Weekender (opens in new tab) in London, March 5 - 6. Hurry, and you can take advantage of our limited time ticket price of £9.99 (opens in new tab).
Play Dark Souls III at the PC Gamer Weekender in London from March 5-6. Click here to find out more.
Also this issue, Phil attempts to rescue New York in Tom Clancy's The Division, and Edwin Evans-Thirwell looks ahead to the future of the RTS genre. And that's not all. The issue comes with a free Steam key for Murder Miners, and Bellona and a free skin for Smite. The issue, which is in shops now, can be ordered through My Favourite Magazines (opens in new tab). Digitally, you'll find it on the App Store (opens in new tab), Google Play, and Zinio, and you can subscribe (opens in new tab) to get issues delivered directly to your door. Below you see the exclusive subscriber cover, and a round-up of issue 289's perspicacious pages.
This issue we:
- Prepare to die in Dark Souls III
- Talk to Dark Souls III creator Hidetaka Miyazaki
- Patrol New York in Tom Clancy's The Division
- Quiz strategy devs on the future of the RTS
- Review XCOM 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, American Truck Simulator and more
- Live large as a minor lord in Crusader Kings 2
- Return to the '90s with Little Big Adventure 2
- Supertest the best SSDs for your rig