This month, we sent Ross Geller apologist James Davenport into the prehistoric techno world of Ark: Survival Evolved. He returned not with dino fossils, but with loads of exclusive information on the game's new Tek Tier, and where the Early Access-dwelling survival sandbox is heading in future.
Speaking of the future, Samuel spent a few hours with The Creative Assembly's Halo Wars 2—the follow-up to 2009's RTS slant on the enduring sci-fi universe. Elsewhere inside, Tom Hatfield rounds up the best 20 mods to extend your favourite PC games; while Tom Senior explores the origins of Company of Heroes on the tenth anniversary of its release.
Previews this month include The Signal from Tölva, For Honor, Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood, and many more. You can also treat yourself (or someone else) to an early Christmas present with a CoH 2 The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West Steam key—free with the latest issue.
Issue 299 is on shelves now and available on all your digital devices from , the and (they may be slow to update—look for the laser-shooting dinos on the front). You can also order direct from or to save money, receive monthly deliveries and wonder at our exclusive subscriber covers. Here's a wee preview of this month's:
- James offers exclusive insights into Ark: Survival Evolved's new Tek Tier.
- Samuel spends a few hours in The Creative Assembly's Halo Wars 2.
- Tom Hatfield gathers the 20 best mods for some of the best-ever PC games.
- Tom Senior explores how classic RTS Company of Heroes was made.
- Battlefield 1, Shadow Warrior 2, FIFA 17, Civ 6, and more reviewed.
- The Signal from Tölva, For Honor, Serial Cleaner, and more previewed.
- Our monitor group test.
- And much more!