You want a new processor, you’ve checked out our best CPU for gaming guide, and now you need to know the best CPU deals available right now. Well, we can help out with that too.
The processor is the brains of your gaming rig. No matter what you’re running, whether it’s the CPU-intensive Planetside 2 or Minecraft, the processor will be doing all the important number crunching, so you want to make sure you’re getting the right one and for the right money.
- Hold onto your hats, Intel's newest generation of CPUs Kaby Lake is here with new features, and higher clock speeds. You won't find many amazing deals on the Core i5-7600K for a while, but eBuyer has one for £232.
- As for the big boy Kaby Lake product, the Core i7-7700K, you'll be paying a premium for that hyperthreading and extra clock speeds. Find a decent deal on one at UK Tech Store for £330.
Cores - 8 | Threads - 8 | Clockspeed - 4.4GHz | Socket - AM3 | £163
- AMD got a bit excitable with its aging Piledriver architecture and created a set of super-clocked CPUs, with the AMD FX-9370 being one of the more affordable options. If you're looking for an AMD upgrade, this is still a good one to check out. Find it at PC Upgrade for just £163.
- Don't let those two cores fool you, with HyperThreading this Intel Skylake i3-6100 is a great little budget gaming chip capable of getting more from your GPU than an equivalent AMD chip. View this deal at .
Cores - 4 | Threads - 4 | Clockspeed - 3.5GHz | Socket - LGA 1151 | £225
- But if you are after the awesome Skylake Core i5-6600K then you can pick it up at the best price for £225 at AWD-IT. It has been seen for less than £200 before, but not for a while.
- You can find a healthy £100+ off Intel's Skylake hero product in the i7-6700K on Amazon. New Kaby Lake products are hitting the market, forcing prices of the older hardware down. Find this deal for £308.
- Now this may just be a dual core processor, but thanks to HyperThreading the Core i3-4170 is a great little budget CPU. Plus, you'll get more out of it than a competing AMD chip. You can find one at Novatech for £109.
In our guide to the best gaming processors we've picked out our favourite overall gaming CPU, the best high-end option and the best budget processor for gaming. Here are the best prices we've found around the web for each of them today.
“Although this i5 has an almost identical spec to our previous favourite CPU, the Core i5-4690K, overall performance for this processor trumps its predecessor by up to 10% in rendering, archiving and other workstation simulated tasks.”
“Is this truly still better than Skylake’s crème de la crème of processors, the i7-6700K? Yep, absolutely. In computational benchmarks those six cores run rings around its Skylake cousin.”
“While it’s a no-frills processor, as it’s only a dual-core model, and lacks Turbo Mode or hyper-threading, this is still enough to drive the majority of games at playable resolution and detail settings.”
A note on affiliates: some of our stories, like this one, include affiliate links to online stores. Some of these online stores share a small amount of revenue with us if you buy something through one of these links, which help support our work evaluating components and games.