It's 2015 now, and that means we look forward unto the year ahead. We do this in our February issue, which is out now – in January – for reasons I've never quite been clear on.
This issue's cover star is also looking forward, but, judging from his unhinged stare and clenched teeth, he's seeing a very different future. Probably one involving death, pestilence and a hell of a lot of Huns. Total War: Attila is our lead game this month, is what I'm saying. We sent Dan Griliopoulus to discover how Creative Assembly's latest plans to raze your preconceptions.
How about a free game? This month, we're giving away Gun Monkeys. It's got guns, monkeys and The Actor Kevin Eldon. The issue, which is in shops now, can be ordered through My Favourite Magazines (opens in new tab). Digitally, you'll find it on the App Store (opens in new tab), Google Play, and Zinio, and you can subscribe (opens in new tab) to get issues delivered directly to your door. Read on for a look at the subs cover, and a round-up of the features to be found in issue 275.
This month we...
- Investigate the series-spanning changes of Total War: Attila
- Talk to Ninja Theory about Hellblade, their first independently made action game.
- Explore the history of LucasArts—including the games that never made it.
- Round up the best-looking games of the coming year in our ultimate guide to 2015.
- Review Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, The Crew, Never Alone, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, PES 2015, Dead State, The Talos Principle and Game of Thrones: Episode 1.
- Supertest the latest water coolers and find out which deserves a home in your overclocked PC.
- Blast off to Kerbal Space Program to see how it's getting along.
- Return to Spielberg classic The Dig in Reinstall.
Until next month!