The revamped World of Warcraft Community site has launched, offering players a place to manage their auctions, get the latest Guild news and browse the armoury without having to log in to the game itself. There's a shiny new beginners section for new players and plans to add a 3D model viewer in the future. You'll find a a list of the site's features below.
The new World of Warcraft Community site is live now, so you can head on over and have a poke. Here's the list of updates made to the new site.
New Home Page features
- Browse Armory data
- View and manage auctions
- Guild news feed
- Friends list for quick access to Armory profiles
Character Profile Homepage
- Reforging options
- Enhanced tooltips with more information than ever before
- Raid progression, including recommendations
- 3D character model view (coming soon)
Character Profile subpages
- PvP (coming in Season 9)
- Remote Auction House
- Guild information, including calendar interaction and progression
Guild Profile subpage
- View guild progression, top contributors, your current reputation, guild news, and more
- Guild Roster with enhanced search and filter options
- Guild Perks
- Guild Achievements
New Game Section
- Beginner's Guide
- Adventuring in Azeroth 101 -- beginners should start here
- Updated race and class profiles
- Realm Status page with real-time updates and new filter options
- Patch Notes
- Insert item tooltips into forum posts
- Click on the new sword icon and enter an item ID number to insert an item tooltip link!
- Enhanced Quoting
- Select a portion of another post and a pop-up option allows you to paste it directly into the reply field
The new site has hit just in time for the release of Cataclysm, which will launch at midnight.
PC Gamer Newsletter
Sign up to get the best content of the week, and great gaming deals, as picked by the editors.
Part of the UK team, Tom was with PC Gamer at the very beginning of the website's launch—first as a news writer, and then as online editor until his departure in 2020. His specialties are strategy games, action RPGs, hack ‘n slash games, digital card games… basically anything that he can fit on a hard drive. His final boss form is Deckard Cain.