Devolver Digital (opens in new tab), publisher of such games as Shadow Warrior 3, Serious Sam 4, and Carrion, has been putting on E3 shows for a few years now. Or, really, it's been dramatizing its satirical corporate mythology with buckets of stage blood while sometimes showing some trailers, too. This year's Devolver Direct, embedded above, continues the tradition.
There's no use trying to summarize Devolver's incoherent multi-year plot—better to just watch for yourself—but I can point to the trailers that were shown:
- Shadow Warrior 3 gameplay reveal (opens in new tab) (embedded below)
- A new Serious Sam 4 trailer (opens in new tab)
- A Carrion release date trailer (opens in new tab) (July 23)
- A Fall Guys release date trailer (opens in new tab) (August 4)
- A trailer (opens in new tab) for the cool-looking Olija (opens in new tab)
Devolver also announced and released Devolverland Expo, a "first-person 'marketing simulator' set within an abandoned convention center after the annual Devolver Digital game expo was mysteriously canceled." It's a playable extension of the show, basically, and it's free on Steam (opens in new tab).
Tomorrow, Ubisoft will air its 2020 show, and on July 23, Microsoft will take its turn in this year's elongated summer of not-E3 reveals. You can see the full schedule here (opens in new tab).