Six years and counting, CS:GO updates are still dropping. December 2018 brought the biggest update to Counter-Strike in recent history, Danger Zone, a surprise battle royale mode for up to 16 players.
Here's a log of the most recent CS:GO patches.
The latest CS:GO update: June 19, 2019
The latest update has some fixed for Dust 2, the retro map Valve added to CS:GO to celebrate 20 years of Counter-Strike. Full patch notes are below.
- Fixed in-game blog sometimes not showing the most recent content.
- Fixed missing CSM on some materials in OpenGL.
- Fixed grass height bug on Linux.
- Fixed spawn priorities.
- Fixed pixelwalk in retro version.
- Added navmesh names for retro version.
CS:GO update log
June 18, 2019
- Celebrate 20 years of Counter-Strike with a retro version of Dust 2, currently available in the Casual Dust II map group.
- The Chicken Capsule is now available for purchase in-game.
- Adjustments to the AUG to bring its utility more in line with other rifles.
- Slightly reduced rate of fire.
- Reduced accuracy while unscoped.
- Fixed an exploit involving duplication of items dropped by disarming another player.
- Players in warmup spawn closer to their teammate.
- Players in warmup now spawn with a random pistol.
January 24, 2019
- Added a new version of Vertigo to Wingman official matchmaking.
- Added Zoo and Abbey to Casual and Deathmatch official matchmaking.
- Removed Austria and Subzero from official matchmaking.
- Improved performance.
- Removed connector between A short and A long.
- Removed mid lower entry.
- Added ladder to mid upper entry.
- Moved T spawn towards A to give CTs better mid timings.
- Fixed several bomb stuck spots and clipping issues.
- Accounts are now automatically upgraded to Prime by reaching Lieutenant Rank 21.
- Fixed a regression for some Perfect World accounts with completed Identity Verification and restored their Prime Account Status.
- Fixed scoreboard team names truncation in some languages.
- Fixed random map behavior in offline with bots game modes.
- Adjusted velocity value for when jump ‘step’ sound plays for more consistent behavior.
- Fixed a bug where player fall damage sound wasn’t playing most of the time.
- Fixed a bug where “the bomb has been defused” and “counter-terrorists win” VO lines could overlap each other.
January 14, 2019
- Fixed team names truncation issue in scoreboard in some languages.
- Fixed snowballs from being purchasable from the console.
- Fixed snowballs and sensor grenades to not occupy the same grenade slot.
- Added game server log output for team assignments when game is commencing and after backup reload.
- Added game server log output for match pause and unpause state changes.
- Added support for Katowice 2019 in-game streams.
- Fixed cases where players could get stuck inside each other (or less frequently, world geometry) when jump crouching.
December 18, 2018
- Fixed an exploit resulting in players sometimes getting trapped under the world.
- Fixed security doors sometimes having $0 price tags.
- Fixed automated sentry gun lasers sometimes not disappearing.
- Minor adjustment to the angles of items that come out of crates.
- Movement fix for players getting stuck on each other in competitive modes near ledges.
- Holiday forecast calls for snow on the Menu UI.
December 17, 2018
[WINTER SEASON FUN]
- Chickens are now sporting their festive-wear to celebrate the season.
- Players can now pick up and throw snowballs in all game modes except Danger Zone, Wingman, and Competitive Matchmaking.
- The T’s have gift wrapped their special package for the holiday season.
- Freeze frame holiday borders are back to wish you a happy winter season.
- Take a winter vacation to Militia! Now available in Casual and Deathmatch game modes.
[10 YEAR COIN]
- The Ten Year Veteran Coin will be awarded to players who have been a member of the Counter-Strike community for over 10 years. To be eligible to receive the coin the player must have a Steam account in good standing owning a game from the Counter-Strike series. The player must have owned the game for ten years and played the game at least once. The coin will be awarded next time Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is launched.
[2019 SERVICE MEDAL]
- When you become a Global General (Rank 40), you’ll be given the opportunity to reset your Profile Rank. After January 1, 2019 you’ll be able to receive a new 2019 Service Medal, an inspectable display item that will be visible wherever your avatar is shown.
December 14, 2018
- Adjusted tablet buymenu drone delivery weapon prices.
- Ammo boxes now dispense a quarter of their contents each time they are used, and can still be shared with squadmates.
- Reduced the duration required to arm explosives on the safe, and added alert to warn the arming player when they remain within the blast radius.
- Removed the parachute from blue tool crates. They will still appear loose in the world.
- Reduced spawn point selection timer duration.
- Added armor to blue tool crates that previously only contained a helmet.
- Slightly increased the number of Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol crates in the world.
December 11, 2018
- Fixed precache error when loading Blacksite map on clients with default settings.
- Fixed Danger Zone exploration money progress HUD indicator from jittering when switching tablets or spectator targets.
- Fixed viewmodel animation interpolation error observed on some high-latency clients.
- Adjusted first-person rappel animation to accommodate widescreen aspect ratios.
- Fixed a regression in weapons equipped by certain community training maps logic.
- Fixed an error model appearing when applying a name tag to inventory items.
- Fixed particle materials for rupturing money bags to match the money stack materials.
- Fixed sv_prime_accounts_only setting not having effect on certain community servers.
- Fixed searching tooltip showing incorrect prime status for lobby.