If you're looking for Cult Stashes in Alan Wake 2, you've come to the right place. These containers are filled with ammo, health items, and batteries, so it's worth your time working out how to get into them so you can stockpile as many items as you can.
Most of these containers are secured with a combination padlock and you'll need to figure out the correct numbers by the clue left on the note on the lid. Once you work it out and get inside to the goodies, you'll usually get a sinister-sounding note too, just in case you were starting to relax. Still, if you're curious and want to know where to find a Cult Stash, as well as how to solve them, here are the ones I've found so far.
Alan Wake 2 Cult Stash locations
The puzzle on each stash is different, so while one may have you running around looking at painted rocks, another may have you working out maths problems. If your brain is already melted from the jump scares, the solutions are listed below too.
Cauldron Lake Cult Stash locations
- On the beach after first arriving there during the story. Interact with the lock and the correct keys will light up on the keypad in order. Copy the sequence to access the stash.
- Near the picnic table when you head west from the Witch's Hut, which isn't accessible until you're able to explore the previously flooded area. This one has a photo of a light bulb on the lid. Use your torch to see yellow arrows painted onto nearby trees. Follow the arrows to find the Streamside stash key.
- Close to the river next to the Private Cabin. The note says "Rock, rock, tree". Use your torch to see three sums nearby. The first is on the rock next to you, another on the tree to your left, and the last is on a rock on the opposite side of the river (you'll need to go to the other side to find it). The answer is 658.
- Right next to the murder site, just to the south. The combination on this padlock has symbols instead of numbers. Head into the trailer home behind the stash. Look for the symbol above the sink in the bathroom, then the one on the side of the fridge freezer, then lastly, the symbol in the bedroom.
Watery Cult Stash locations
- At the end of a thin path at the northeast of the Watery map. This one is another that lights up the keypad in a certain order. Repeat the sequence to open the lock.
- Outside the Watery Hunting shack in the northeast section of the map. The note mentions a crossbow and nearby there are numbers with crossbow bolts stuck in them: the number with one bolt is the first number, two bolts the second, then three the third to give you the combination of 527. You're rewarded with a crossbow.
- Next to the Ferris Wheel in Coffee World. You need to look at the numbers of the "cups" with stripes, and then use them in ascending order for the code. The numbers you need are 147.
- Near the Huotari Well, also at Coffee World in Watery. There's a picture of a grinning face and a note on the top which reads "What hides behind the smile". Look for the grinning cup statue nearby and you'll find the key on the ground behind it.
- This stash is found near the Watery Lighthouse. This padlock has symbols rather than numbers. Use your flashlight around the immediate area to reveal Roman numerals telling you which order to use the symbols to get the lock open.
- Find this one close to Saga's trailer once you've cleared the overlap in the area to make the flooding recede. You'll need to find a missing key: look for the telegraph pole to the right of the stash. You can use the wooden ramp leaning on the blue bin to reach the key.
Bright Falls Cult Stash locations
- At the end of the path that leads directly west of the save room, to the left of Bunker Woods. This stash is behind a large rock. Watch the keypad light up and copy the correct sequence to open it.
- This stash is to the south of the save room, in the back of a truck. You'll need to dust off your math skills for this one. Melt your brain trying to figure out the puzzle or I can tell you the answer. The solution is 177.