VIDEO: Is Outriders worth it? is also available on our YouTube channel.
Is Outriders worth playing? It's a pretty odd mix of cover shooting and RPG looting that kinda turns inside out (opens in new tab) a few hours in. Morgan Park, who calls the FPS genre home, isn't in love with Outriders and explains why at length in his review. It's just not a good shooter, he says. Meanwhile, Steven Messner, or Mister MMO as he's known around these parts, is really digging Outriders. He thinks the RPG systems really prop up the action, and that the story isn't as bad as people think.
So if you're still on the fence, listen to these two duke it out for a while. By the end, you'll know whether Outriders is for you or not.
For the full conversation and some thoughts on the great GPU shortage from our hardware team, check out this week's episode of The PC Gamer Show, our weekly podcast.
- Outriders classes: (opens in new tab) Which path to choose
- Outriders Trickster: (opens in new tab) Powerful early setups
- Outriders Pyromancer: (opens in new tab) Fiery starter skills
- Outriders Devastator: (opens in new tab) Top tank setups
- Outriders Technomancer: (opens in new tab) Support your squad
- Outriders legendary list: Best weapons and armor