Blizzard is teasing a "Hearthstone Fall Reveal" coming next week that will feature several major announcements and analysis from designers Pat Nagle, John McIntyre, and John Yang, who will go in-depth with host Brian Kibler on each new bit of business.
Come one, come all! Enjoy the festivities and stay ᶠᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ🎟️ https://t.co/IcPqoXqlML pic.twitter.com/isVwXi5ecGOctober 15, 2020
We're not sure exactly what will be revealed—it's a tease, that's how they work—but we're pretty confident that it will involve word of the next Hearthstone expansion, which would fit with an expected release in December. We may also see a new game mode, as the Year of the Phoenix roadmap says that one is coming (along with an expansion) in Phase 2.
In terms of theme, the eyeball in the very festive video clip is from Darkmoon Faire, a regular WoW in-game event that lets you "muck around and win tickets that can be spent on special rewards," as Fraser excitedly described it last year when the festival added a new rollercoaster. (Apparently he's a coaster fan.)
If all of that isn't enough to convince you to tune in, maybe some free cards will: Everyone who watches 15 minutes of the Hearthstone Fall Reveal on Twitch between 7:30 and 9 am PT on Twitch will get a Scholomance Academy card pack; stick around for 30 minutes, and you'll get two.
The Hearthstone Fall Reveal will begin at 8 am PT/11 am ET on October 22 .You'll need to have your Twitch and Battle.net accounts linked to collect the free card packs—here's how:
- Log in or create an account on Twitch.tv.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
- Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you're currently logged into the Battle.net account on which you'd like to receive your rewards.
And in case you're having trouble completing the secret golden Hearthstone Transfer Student quest, we've got a handy new guide that can get you through it from start to finish.