Can you hear the sleigh bells jingling, jingling, jingling and reminding you of the impending hell of Christmas shopping? The impatient throngs of miserable people! The life-sapping chill of the wind! Every tinsel-throttled street haunted by the dread spectres of Cliff Richard and Noddy Holder! Instead, why not pick up the latest issue of PC Gamer UK and settle down by the fire - or should I say, Firefall? I should! For it is our cover star - and its open world jump-pack action is a guiding light to eSports and MMO fans even in these dark times.
What's more you get a free beta code to Firefall with the mag! Christmas has indeed come early; every single page of the magazine is a gift in itself.
Issue 247 should be on shelves today and will be available digitally soon. There's also always the option to subscribe (opens in new tab) and get each issue delivered to your door, earlier and for less money! Sweet. Hit the jump to see the exclusive subs cover, and discover what other treats await: news, previews, reviews, retrospectives, tech tests and more!
This month we...
- get in-depth with Aliens: Colonial Marines, Total War: Rome 2, Shootmania Storm, Company of Heroes 2, Star Citizen and more
- take to the field with the ten military sims currently answering the call of duty
- guide gamers through Windows 8's unfamiliar terrain.
- drop scores on Hitman: Absolution, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Hotline Miami, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Football Manager 2013 and more
- test the best CPUs on the market
- discover Uplink's origins and the making of Introversion
- revisit Wing Commander II
- and loads more!
And once your done, you can use the pages as makeshift ear-plugs to stop the sounds of Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime burrowing into your mind like a Ceti eel.