Update, August 12: The patch has been delayed a day, and is now expected on August 13.
Original Story, August 11: Fall Guys (opens in new tab) has only been out for a week, but it's a massive hit (opens in new tab) and it's already getting a new level. To be more precise, it's really an old level—it's called Jump Showdown and it was in the Fall Guys beta. Tomorrow it'll be added to the regular rotation.
Jump Showdown is a lot like Jump Club, the level where players stand on a round platform while two spinning beams sweep across the surface at different speeds. The beams move faster the longer you avoid being knocked off the edge. The wrinkle in Jump Showdown is that sections of the platform begin to fall away as well, eventually leaving very few places to hurdle the beams. Here's a little look at it:
🚨 We're about to drop a new level into rotation!!! 🚨Jump Showdown - A fan-favourite from the beta! 👑We'll be adding it in our first update TOMORROW! Patch-notes in the thread 😗👌More new levels will be coming soon - along with new features & costumes 👀 pic.twitter.com/zQ4hOI70MPAugust 11, 2020
Along with the new level, some bug fixes will be arriving as well:
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- PC only - Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC
There's no mention of any fixes for the cheating issues (opens in new tab) players have been seeing in Fall Guys, however. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for some anti-cheating measures: just this morning I spotted a player Hulk-jumping through an entire course of Door Dash.