I'm feeling a bout of déjà vu right now, how about you? In October of 2020 I wrote about how Infinity Ward said Warzone's infinite stim exploit had been fixed (opens in new tab). Briefly, it's based on a glitch that gives you infinite tactical items (including healing stims) if you throw a grenade, pick it up, die, and then get revived. Rich explains it more fully in his article about how Warzone's infinite stim glitch just keeps recurring (opens in new tab) after it popped back up again earlier this month. That's in addition to the time it returned in January (opens in new tab), and in November before that (opens in new tab).
The latest set of patch notes are up on Treyarch's website (opens in new tab), although with a note that they'll be migrating to Raven Software's site in the future, and they're the team responsible for it (opens in new tab). The patch notes begin by mentioning there's a "New fix to remove infinite stim glitch" and that the "Issue stemmed from players getting stuck in throwback state after throwing back a live grenade". But you'd be forgiven for taking that with a grain of salt, given the exploit's recurrences so far.
The patch also tweaks match bonus and kill XP in Kingslayer mode to bring it closer to that of Verdansk BR, part of a broader effort to normalize XP across modes. Here are the rest of the changes.
- Adjusted the timing of ammo replenishment during empty reloads for BOCW weapons
- Certain operator missions for Stitch should now track as intended
- Fixed visual for the “Heavy Handed” Sledgehammer in the Player Armory
- Fixed issue where at high prestige levels, progress towards next level shown in Barracks Seasonal Progression did not match what was shown on the top banner of the main menu
- Removed Tier Skips from Modern Warfare Bundles
- Previewing Bruiser Cord watch in the Hot Shot Bundle will now display correct watch
- Fixed various minor issues including images, icons, and names
- Fixed a crash that occurs when launching the game due to changes being made to Windows GDI32