The latest Apex Legends update brought Season 3: Meltdown and the arrival of the long-teased and much-leaked new hero Crypto. Now that Season 3 is well underway, we're looking ahead to the end of the year and the eventual Season 4 of Apex Legends. As with other seasons, the original Apex Legends roadmap plans for another new Legend in the fourth season. Thanks to the backlog of leaks, we're pretty sure that this new legend will be named Revenant.
Below you'll find all the scraps of info that have been leaked and teased on Revenant, including their first in-game appearance as the villain of the Halloween-themed Fight or Fright event that launched on October 15th.
The Revenant-related leaks so far
Referred to back in the earliest Apex Legends leaks as "Blackout," Revenant's concept art seems to have been in the game's files since launch. In August, a leaked set of skills for Revenant came out with the Iron Crown event. We've got those skills listed below for you to check out. On August 6th, a leaked image of a character testing document shows Revenant under a section titled "production" suggesting that they are in the final stages of development unlike the characters listed in "Design Alpha."
Level designer's tweet shows Revenant
Man I love Blocktober! Here's some blockouts of Octane's Gauntlet I designed for #ApexLegends. The whole design started from the idea of 2 giant ramps and a ring of fire. This was a fun one to make and was my first AAA shipped content.#Blocktober #Leveldesign pic.twitter.com/ZbOLShbnA6October 8, 2019
On October 8th, level designer Kevin Bragg posted screenshots of Octane's Gauntlet. The first image in the tweet shows a banner with a character that appears similar to the originally leaked Revenant concept art. It also matches the image of Revenant from the leaked character sheet two days prior.
Here's Revenant in the Fight or Fright trailer
Revenant's possible skills
- Mark for Death: Fires a poison dagger. Press again to reveal the target's location for 60 seconds. (If enemy is marked a message will pop up "Something is watching you").
- Poison Bomb: Launch a Poison Bomb. Damages and slows targets hit.
- Infiltrator: You crouch walk faster and climb walls higher.
- Shadow Walk: Move silently and faster for 6 seconds. Cooldown resets on kill.
- Shadow Step: Send out a Shadow Revenant. Press again to teleport to the shadow. Cooldown resets to kill.
- Proximity Dart
- Silence: Throw a device that disables enemy tactical abilities for 10 seconds.
- Death Recall: Drop a totem that protects anyone who uses it from death. Instead of getting downed or dying you teleport back to were you dropped your totem in 20 HP.
- Shadow Door: Open doors through walls for 5 seconds.
- Extra: Enters Shadow Form when using Death Recall.