Call of Duty: Ghosts
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Activision
US Publisher: Activision
Developer: Infinity Ward
Age Rating: ESRB |
It's Infinity Ward's turn to take the Call of Duty baton, but rather than work up another instalment of their Modern Warfare line, they're telling a new story set in the aftermath of an apocalyptic event that's devastated the US. They've built a new engine, too, which might help CoD compete with glitzy competitors like Battlefield 4. The single player campaign will again follow multiple characters on a globe-trotting adventure that will probably involve shooting huge numbers of people. IW are attempting to spice up CoD's insanely popular multiplayer mode with dynamic maps that can be blown apart and changed by player action. We'll see just how far Activision have dared to push the CoD envelope when Ghosts comes out in November.
VerdictRead the review
The campaign is exciting but only passively entertaining, and the multiplayer tweaks the knobs of established Call of Duty games to little effect.
Latest on Call of Duty: Ghosts
Every week, keen screen-grabber Ben Griffin brings you a sumptuous 4K resolution gallery to celebrate PC gaming's prettiest places. ...
- Call of Duty: Ghosts' Onslaught DLC teased
- Call of Duty: Ghosts patch lowers 6GB RAM requirement, adds e-sports features
- Call of Duty: Ghosts fixes and tweaks - mouse acceleration, FPS drops and stuttering
- Call of Duty: Ghosts trailers were inevitable... here's two of them
- Call of Duty: Ghosts trailer prepares you for Extinction
- Call of Duty: Ghosts teaser point to new extra-terrestrial mode, leaked images suggest "Extinction"
- Call of Duty: Ghosts system requirements released officially, 64 bit OS required
- Call of Duty: Ghosts launch trailer explodes into this week, game still a fortnight away
- Call of Duty: Ghosts hands on - avenging canine companions in CoD's refocused multiplayer
- Call of Duty: Ghosts' campaign trailer has a bit where a dog pulls a man out of a helicopter