The Binding of Isaac's Afterbirth expansion is out now, and while the pre-order discount has ended on Steam, you can pick it up for a bit less on Humble for the next day and a bit. (It's a spooky £6.66 in the UK.) The expansion adds "1000+" new rooms, online leaderboards, daily runs, hundreds of new items, an alternate soundtrack and more, adding up to over 100 hours of new content, supposedly.
Isaac fans: I think I know what you'll be doing this Halloween. Here's the full list of features.
- Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
- Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
- Online Leaderboards – compete for highscore/best time
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
- 1000+ new room designs, as well as room
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items–not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards--taking the item count up beyond 500!
- Alternate soundtrack!
- Tons of new secret transformations!
- MOAR new achievements
And with "uber secrets" including:
- Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
- 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
- Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- 8 new bosses
- Even more rooms FULL OF POOP!
- and probably at least 5 other features we can’t remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little monster
Naturally, there's a squishy launch trailer showing a lot of that stuff off. It's below.