PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has settled into a regular update cadence. Every month there's a new PUBG update and a new set of patch notes to look over, detailing new season details, balance changes and bugfixes. We're picking out the important details and compiling them here.
PUBG update 4.3 (Public Test Server)
The new update 4.3 for PUBG season 4 is now available on the public test server. There are lots of quality-of-life changes this time around between new UI, match summaries, weapon leveling, and the PUBG IDs.
4.3 New Features
We are excited to introduce the Survival Mastery system, where players can develop their less-than-lethal aspects of PUBG gameplay. This companion system to Weapon Mastery, which allows players to progress their skill in gunplay, will also introduce new ways for players to express their personalities on the Battlegrounds with new rewards and PUBG ID.
Survival Mastery is a new progression system where players increase levels by gaining XP based on the players’ survival patterns. The system operates all the time without being affected by seasons. The Level cap for Survival Mastery is 500.
Players can earn XP in the following situations:
- Using items during combat
- Reviving a teammate
Match summary timeline
The match summary timeline recaps all survival actions performed in a match. Players can check survival actions they have performed in their previous match in a timeline sequence from Mastery > Last Match Tab. The activities below will be shown in the timeline, along with other XP earning activities:
- Landing point
- Location where players perform certain actions
- Damage dealt and received
- Distance a player travels using vehicles
- Surviving Blue Zone phases
In Mastery > Survival tab, players can check their recent survival playstyle from the analysis of all players’ data. Survival style tracks your recent playstyle by analyzing data of all the players playing PUBG. It includes the following information (The 3 most prominent of these traits will be displayed):
- Average engagement length
- Average engagement distance
- Items looted per game
- Distance traveled per game
- Hot drop rate
- Damage taken per game
A new system where players can express themselves while show their progression and Survival Mastery rewards. PUBG ID includes Survival Mastery Level, Player ID, Emblem, Background, and Poses. Players can view and change from Mastery > Survival tab.
Players are able to view the PUBG ID of other players who were either a teammate from the previous match, the player who killed you, or a player you killed.
For every 10 levels (5, 15, 25…), players are rewarded an emblem.
For every 10 levels (10, 20, 30…), players are rewarded a background
For every 100 levels (100, 200, 300…), players are rewarded a pose. Poses are the highest reward in the system and players can change their pose using the Survivor tab and PUBG ID. Player poses utilize the player’s equipped clothing. Other skins such as vehicles and weapons aren’t currently utilized for poses.
BP will be granted for levels without other rewards
New weapon: DBS
The DBS is a double barrel pump-action bullpup shotgun that can only be initially obtained from Care Packages. DBS has two internal magazine tubes that allow the user to load up to fourteen 12-gauge rounds. Thanks to those combined firing mechanics, DBS can produce massive bursts of damage in a short time span.
Upper rail of the gun allows a Holographic, Red Dot Sight, and 2x to 6x Scopes. Maximum effective range to deal damage with the DBS is 100 m.
Improved shotgun consistency
- Hit probability increased, especially in medium shotgun range
- Damage drop-off over distance increased
- Minimum per pellet damage within effective range of each shotgun increased to 4
- Except the Sawed-Off, which is 3
- All shotguns fire 9 pellets total per round
Adjusted shotgun balance:
All shotgun pellets now use more realistic ballistic curves (speed decrease over time). All shotguns had their recoil effects updated.
Damage multiplier changes:
Headshot: From 1.5 to 1.2
Torso: From 1.0 to 0.9
Maximum effective range set to 80 m
Increased reload speed by 20%
Maximum effective range set to 80 m
Pump action speed increased by 20%
Pump action will no longer temporarily un-ADS the player
Maximum effective range set to 80 m
Maximum increased probability range set to 50 m
Increased number of pellets fired to 9
Decreased damage per pellet from 22 to 20
Pellet spread multiplier increased from 0.8 to 1.0
Updated Weapon impact effects:
Both decals and particle effects are now more directional allowing players to better understand the direction shots are coming from. Size and characteristics of the effect depend on both the surface being hit and the class of the weapon being fired.
Quality of Life improvements for healing items:
Healing items can now be activated while moving and your player will be reduced to walking speed and continue using the item while you move at walking pace. Previously, you had to come to a complete stop to start healing.
Canted Sight reticle type:
Can now be adjusted, along with brightness, similar to the Red Dot
- Reduced the volume of the Red Zone
- Footstep sounds volume and attenuation have been re-balanced
- Footstep sounds will be more drastically reduced when players move to the outer limit of footstep audible range
- Different sound effects are played when landing from falling, dependent to the surface material type
- Made improvements to the ledge-grab sound effects
- For more information on the sound improvement plans, please go to the following link: Dev Letter: Sound Improvement Plan
- Added a new song to the Turntable
Survivor Pass: aftermath
- The current season of both the Survivor Pass and Survivor Title System will end on October 16th KST
- Survivor Pass: Starting October 2nd, two weeks before the end period of Aftermath, there will be an on-screen message, pop-up and countdown on the Survivor Pass banner in the lobby to notify players of the pass end timing
- Premium Pass and Level-up items can be purchased until the Pass period ends
- Added background blur effects to make the duo/squad team UI have better readability
- Improved visibility of the fire mode indicator on the HUD to further differentiate firing modes
- Decreased brightness of equipment icons
- Added headphone icon to the UI right of the health HUD to indicate when the Instant Volume Reducer (F7) is enabled
- A system message at the bottom of the screen has also been added when activating/deactivating this function
- Minor performance optimizations that will improve FPS in areas where many players are in close proximity to one another
- Made visual improvements to shadows and enhanced rendering performance
- Deployed tentative change on the test server mitigating an issue which causes loot to appear late, mainly after landing from your parachute
IMPROVED ZOMBIE MODE
Zombies now have stronger physical capabilities
- Increased the running speed by 1.5 times
- Increased the jumping height by 2 times
- Increased the speed of attacks by 1.5 times
Zombies now have much more health and stronger healing power
- Increased strength by more than 2 times
- Can recover health automatically when they are not engaged in combat
- No fall damage when falling from high locations
- Receive less damage from guns, except for headshots
Zombies can now drive vehicles
Moreover, we are developing a virus infection feature, which is one of the core elements of PUBG Zombie (PUBZ) content. Internal tests are ongoing for various features to make the zombie mode matches more diverse and exciting. We look forward to your feedback on the improved zombie mode
PUBG PARTNER ICON
In Custom Matches, an icon will be displayed in front PUBG Partner’s nicknames. This icon will only be shown in the match information section and waiting room
Skins and items
Once Update 4.3 is released to the Live Server, you will find the following new items in the store:
- Halloween themed items
- 12 new Twitch Broadcast Royale items
- 3 Pan skins and 1 set celebrating the PUBG Classic
- New BP purchasable items: Beryl & S12K BattleStat skins, 2 Madsy shoes
- New BattleStat skin: SCAR-L BattleStat skin
- Reduced the probability of receiving a locked crate from the random crate purchase by 50%
The replay system has been updated. Replay files from previous updates are now unavailable for use.
4.3 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where character footsteps cannot be heard when walking backwards against corners of objects.
- Fixed an issue where the smoke UI timer doesn’t sync correctly when the replay is skipped in replay mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Flare Gun firing animation is obscured when in the prone position.
- Fixed an issue where grenade damage in rare situations could be received through objects.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect kill distance was shown when a disconnected player is killed.
- Fixed an issue where UAZ wheels wouldn’t get destroyed after being punched multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where skull icons are incorrectly displayed on the minimap in Simplified Chinese language version.
- Fixed an issue which caused an excessively bright light effect in the side mirror of motorcycles.
- Fixed an issue where players could not be damaged by other players punching them inside vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where parachutes were not displayed in training mode with a fully equipped bag.
- Fixed an issue where players are forcibly removed from training mode when vaulting over a certain wall.
- Fixed an issue where zombie players occasionally appear to be human in zombie mode.
- Fixed an issue where the lung capacity icon does wouldn’t display correctly when holding breath while swimming
- Fixed an issue which prevented footstep sounds from playing in specific situations when running through certain puddles