UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Introversion Software
US Publisher: Introversion Software
Developer: Introversion Software
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
Built from the ashes of their procedurally generated heist game Subversion, Introversion's Prison Architect tasks you with building and maintaining a high-security prison, while taking care of the assorted inmates and staff. It's part sandbox and part management sim (in the style of the old Tycoon games), but Prison Architect is recognisably an Introversion title, even if features a wholly different art style to their previous games.
The alpha version was made available to pre-purchasers a while ago, meaning you can buy and play the in-development game right now.
Latest on Prison Architect
If I've learned anything from prison dramas, it's that sometimes a stern talking to just doesn't do the trick. You ...
- Prison Architect: how Introversion avoided jail by embracing their hardest project yet
- Prison Architect alpha 13 introduces escape tunnels; weekend deal shanks price by 40%
- Introversion break into the Humble Weekly Sale, offer cheap Prison Architect (if you're quick)
- Prison Architect's alpha 12 update breaks out the booze and drugs
- Prison Architect alpha 11 update brings land expansion and prisoner release
- Prison Architect alpha 10 update brings Steam Workshop, riots, and a penguin
- Prison Architect's Alpha9 update opens the doors to visitors, sets prisoners to work
- Prison Architect makes over $1 million from alpha purchases
- Prison Architect Alpha6 update lets you know who to watch
- Prison Architect's Alpha 5 update adds foundation fixes and firemen