Just when you thought you were finally free from Azeroth, Blizzard drops a massive update. World of Warcraft: Legion patch 7.1 is out, and with it comes plenty of valid reasons to ignore other videogames forever—and you should, if Steven's glowing Legion review is anything to go by (it is).
Longtime players will finally get to return to Karazhan in a mythic dungeon aptly titled A Return to Karazhan, and The Trial of Valor is a three-boss raid acting as the connective tissue between the Emerald Nightmare and as yet unreleased Nighthold raid. Rad. For players regularly puttering about the Broken Isles' overworld, a new questline in Suramar will unlock over the next few weeks and new Helajar World Quests (the quests that never ever end) will start appearing all over. And that's just the beginning of what 7.1 has in store.
Check out Blizzard's WoW blog for the full list of patch notes, or skim the biggest updates from the press release below.
(LINK)A new 5-player, 8-boss Mythic experience with challenges from familiar and new bosses, including new stories from the famed Opera Hall.
Journey further into the tale of Odyn and Helya in a new, 3-boss raid dungeon that serves as an interlude between the Emerald Nightmare and the upcoming Nighthold raid—Normal and Heroic unlocks on November 8; Mythic and Raid Finder unlocks on November 15.
- Heroic efforts in Suramar continues in Patch 7.1 with a new series of quests that unlock weekly over nine weeks, leading to the very entrance of the Nighthold. Following the quest line to completion brings players closer to obtaining the wondrous new Arcanist’s Manasaber mount.
- Unlocking new Helarjar World Quests, which will begin to appear all over the Broken Isles, in an effort to put a stop to Helya’s infernal impact.
- A new invasion on the coastline of the Broken Isles – Falcosaurs, who drop Falcosaur eggs and Falcosaur feathers, reagents for new First Aid and Cooking recipes.
- New rare pets in Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, and Icecrown Citadel, including Stardust the celestial bunny.
- Return to Alcaz Isle for cosmetic consumables and toys for pets, and an Electrified Key that allows Hunters to activate one of three Arachnodrone mechanical spiders…which can be tamed.
- Artifact Power has been increased for PvP in Patch 7.1.· Honor Reward for the first Random Battleground victory of the day has been extended to Skirmishes, 2v2 Arenas, 3v3 Arenas, and Rated Battlegrounds…and also rewards a large Artifact Power bonus.
- Every Battleground or Rated Battleground victory rewards a piece of gear, and gear has been transitioned to more closely mirror the type of item level progression from World Quests.
- Weekly quest per bracketed PvP (2v2, 3v3, Rated Battlegrounds) that rewards items based on your best rating from the previous week.