In a post on Steam (opens in new tab) today, PlayerUnknown outlined some incoming changes to weapon drop rates in care packages that will arrive in a larger set of patch notes coming tomorrow. The drop rate changes are pretty modest. Hopefully you like getting shot from unseen and unheard assailants: with the VSS becoming a gun that drops across the map rather than simply in loot crates, the main change to PUBG's meta seems like it will be an overall increase in the number of silencers and silenced weapons.
Taking the VSS' spot will be the new bullpup, the Groza, which will only appear in care packages.
PlayerUnknown also hints vaguely at further changes to the system. "We also hope to improve the item looting experience for items that we’ve received a lot of user feedback on," he writes on Steam. "Such improvements and adjustments will be made on a regular basis based on various data analysis and feedback."
- New weapon, the Groza, was added. This weapon may only be acquired in Care Packages.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers and SR Silencers in Care Packages.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- New weapon, a 9mm pistol with full auto mode, the P18C, was added.
- Spawn rate of SCAR-L was decreased to better fit the weapon’s tier.
- Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
- Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.