The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: 2K Games
US Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: 2K Marin
Age Rating: ESRB |
XCOM Declassified has been in development for many years, and assumed many different guises during that time. Once it was a straightforward shooter with few links to the X-Com of old. Then Firaxis' awesome Enemy Unknown came out and the game has been reworked again. It's always been set in the '50s and '60s, and it's always been about the origins story of the XCOM project, but now there's a firm tactical spine to the cover-to-cover combat that makes it a much more appealing prospect for series fans. It's being developed by 2K Marin, who were responsible for the oft-overlooked but excellent Bioshock 2. It also has most excellent hats.
VerdictRead the review
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified feels confused and half-finished, a hollow but beautiful slog through XCOM’s early years.
Latest on The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
There's none of the potentially interesting strategic squad management in this brief look at The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. We're in ...
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified covers up radial wheel, exposes permadeath
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified trailer shows enemies unknown (and a few Sectoids)
- Slick '60s dude battles aliens without losing hat in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified trailer
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified hands-on: a punishing, tactical take on XCOM's origin story
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified trailer shows tactical battles, DLC info reveals PC redactions