UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Meteor Entertainment
US Publisher: Meteor Entertainment
Developer: Adhesive Games
Age Rating: ESRB |
Free-to-play multiplayer game Hawken won early plaudits for the design of its mechs - complex mecahnical carbuncles, with cockpits crammed full of switches, dials and blinking lights. Being a firstperson game, the view from inside the mech immediately communicates a sense of both heavy encumberment and huge power, as your robotic exoskeleton lurches and stomps through the grainy post-processed streets of some towering future dystopia. Beneath the hood is a fast-paced arena shooter of some depth and the scope of its action has expanded since launch - though we still have qualms about the way the F2P model stifles your desire to explore the game's possibilities.
VerdictRead the review
They’ve nailed the sensation of stomping around in a giant machine, but the F2P model needs an oil change.
Latest on Hawken
Mechs and Christmas go together like mechs and, well, anything, so the news that Hawken has added a seasonally appropriate ...
- New Hawken map, the Last Eco, takes players out to the woodshed
- Hawken map overview takes mech warfare to the Front Line
- Hawken developer levels the gender playing field with Brosie the Riveter
- Hawken update to add support class, dramatically rebalance weapons
- Meaty new update for Hawken brings new Mech, map, the ability to robo-cuss
- Hey Hawken, you got lipstick on my giant, unstoppable killing machine
- Hawken co-founder talks eSports, missing server browsers, clan support and big Beta fixes
- Hawken devs 'exploring' melee weapons, decals and spectator system
- NVIDIA's Project Shield: an Android-based handheld with Steam Big Picture streaming
- Hawken open beta impressions and criticisms