Guild Wars 2
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: NCSoft
US Publisher: NCSoft
Age Rating: ESRB Teen | PEGI 12
The original Guild Wars stood apart from its World of Warcraft-aping peers via its subscription-free, PVP-focused world, and its sequel takes that innovation to another level. In our review, we called Guild Wars 2 "a call to arms" to the stagnating MMORPG, due its considered approach to every aspect of the genre and its deep respect for the free time of its players.
There's enough here to keep you busy for years, but don't be surprised if you spend the majority of that time simply exploring the world, admiring the game's countless stunning vistas.
VerdictRead the review
An accomplished and rewarding online RPG that does a great deal to reclaim the promise of its genre.
Latest on Guild Wars 2
This was a long time coming. Guild Wars 2 is—like all fantasy games are—about dragons. One of the major complaints ...
- Guild Wars 2's next update will let players fight on the Edge of the Mists
- Guild Wars 2 to explore The Origins of Madness next week
- Guild Wars 2's next update is beginning to look a lot like WintersDay
- Guild Wars 2 update adds new Fractals event, more Nightmares
- Guild Wars 2 prepares to unleash Nightmares, music videos
- Guild Wars 2 building a Tower of Nightmares, readies for grand opening next week
- Guild Wars 2 update dispenses with treats, focuses on Blood & Madness
- Guild Wars 2 prepares for Twilight Assault with extended free trial and sale
- Guild Wars 2's Tequatl Rising update will improve a dragon, add a looking for group tool
- Guild Wars 2 returns to the old-school with a new Super Adventure Box