UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
US Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
Developer: Sony Online Entertainment
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley told us - in regards to Everquest Next - that "we're not trying to make WOW2 or Everquest 2.5 – we're making something that we think will define the next generation of MMOs." Coming from the team that made the pioneering MMORPG Everquest, and which resurrected PlanetSide so successfully with PlanetSide 2, we don't doubt their ambitious intentions.
Everquest Next takes place in a parallel world to the Norrath of Everquest 1 and 2. Smedley reckons it's the "largest sandbox-style MMO ever designed".
Latest on Everquest Next
SOE wants to change the way you play MMOs—by letting you build them. Our newest issue of PC Gamer US ...
- EverQuest Next Landmark dev diary shows all the materials you'll mine and craft
- New EverQuest Next Landmark screens show "a few hours" of building
- Everquest Next first look: a bold, destructible fantasy MMO
- New EverQuest Next Landmark details and videos revealed at PAX
- EverQuest Next interview: no grinding, no leveling, and a maybe on Frogloks
- EverQuest Next Landmark, a free-to-play voxel building game, coming this winter
- EverQuest Next revealed: build, destroy, and change the world in an MMO like no other
- SOE's John Smedley: MMO worlds are "nothing more than a movie set"
- Everquest Next is "pretty crazy," says SOE president: "We're not trying to make WoW2"
- EverQuest Next is "largest sandbox MMO ever designed," says SOE's John Smedley