UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Electronic Arts UK
US Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Crytek Studios
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 16
This third Crysis title is something of a hybrid of the previous two, taking the collapsing New York setting of the second installment and smothering it in the jungle of the first. Stages are larger and more conducive to stealth (thanks to that undergrowth), and this time around you're packing a ruddy great bow, presumably because someone at Crytek has seen The Hunger Games.
In technical or design terms it's not a huge leap beyond Crysis 2, borrowing its Nanosuit-powered rhythms rather than reverting to the more open stealth/action of the original, but if you're looking for a game to put your PC through its paces, you've found it.
VerdictRead the review
Worthwhile more for its visual flare and multiplayer than for its campaign. A modest improvement of Crysis 2.
Latest on Crysis 3
Tropical islands are great. You've got beautiful scenery, clear skies, relaxing ocean waves, peace, tranquillity, an uncloaking nanosuited man brandishing ...
- Crysis 3 trailer sends Nano-man into space
- CryEngine 3 video shows off Crysis 3's technical wizardry
- Nvidia 313.95 beta drivers improve performance for Crysis 3 beta, Assassin's Creed III, Far Cry 3
- Crysis 3 multiplayer hands-on: seven PCG writers test their mettle
- Crysis 3 public multiplayer beta launches next week
- Crysis 3's latest trailer tours the innards of its new gun
- Crysis 3 trailer explodes in reverse like a hyperviolent Coldplay video
- Crytek: Crysis 4 might not be an FPS
- Crysis 3 gameplay video shows dangers of tall grass, alien archery
- Crysis 3's first Seven Wonders episode: grass, guns and gravelly voices