Crusader Kings II
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Paradox Interactive
US Publisher: Paradox Interactive
Developer: Paradox Interactive
Age Rating: ESRB Teen | PEGI 12
Like its predecessor, Crusader Kings II is a game about invading, marrying, plotting and assassinating your way to creating the greatest dynasty in Medieval history. As you might expect, this involves quite a lot of backstabbing and the odd incestuous marriage, but if it's good enough for the citizens of Westeros, then it's good enough for people in actual feudal Europe.
Speaking of which, this is pretty much Game of Thrones: The Game, capturing George RR Martin's novels' cutthroat warring and family-feuding far more effectively than the official GoT tie-ins. There's even a (brilliant) Game of Thrones mod.
Renowned strategy developers Paradox are at the top of their game with this engrossing grand strategy title, which has kept us scheming for hundreds of hours.
VerdictRead the review
An unforgettable wander through the bastions, banquet halls and bedchambers of Medieval Europe.
Latest on Crusader Kings II
Crusader Kings 2 models the hopes, jealousies and paranoid plotting of around 30,000 unique actors, scattered throughout the troubled hierarchies ...
- Crusader Kings 2: Sons of Abraham video focuses on Jewish and Islamic improvements
- Crusader Kings 2: Sons of Abraham video explains new features and papal politics
- Crusader Kings 2, War of the Roses and other Paradox games star in the Humble Weekly Sale
- Mod of the Week: Elder Kings, for Crusader Kings II
- Game of Thrones diary part six: staying alive in Crusader Kings 2′s Westeros
- Game of Thrones diary part five: staying alive in Crusader Kings 2′s Westeros
- Game of Thrones diary part four: staying alive in Crusader Kings 2′s Westeros
- Game of Thrones diary part three: staying alive in Crusader Kings 2's Westeros
- Game of Thrones diary part two: staying alive in Crusader Kings 2's Westeros
- Game of Thrones diary part one: staying alive in Crusader Kings 2's Westeros