Batman: Arkham Origins
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Warner Bros Interactive
US Publisher: Warner Bros Interactive
Age Rating: ESRB |
The third entry in the superb Rocksteady series started by Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City is being looked after by a new studio, Warner Brothers Montreal, but it doesn't look as though that'll send the third game - a prequel - veering too far off course. We'll still be Batman. We'll still be punching and kicking our way through throngs of thugs using that beautifully fluid combat system, we'll still be gliding around an open environment, albeit one twice the size of Arkham City, and we'll still be defeating super villains using Batman's favoured tactic of repeated hitting to the face. The criminal roster for this one includes a more youthful Penguin, Deathstroke, The Joker (sans Mark Hamill's vocal chords, alas) and Black Mask, who's put out an exciting kill order on the bat to tempt the best assassin's in Gotham to have a crack.
VerdictRead the review
Enjoyable in places and very pretty, but sadly blighted by sloppy design, terrible boss battles, and a lack of new ideas.
Latest on Batman: Arkham Origins
Cold, Cold Heart, an open world, story-driven piece of DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins will focus on Mr. Freeze. The ...
- Batman: Arkham Origins season pass draws controversy
- Batman: Arkham Origins features a permadeath mode, plus DLC that reveals Origins' origins
- Nvidia PhysX adds not the fog effects that Gotham needs, but the fog effects that Gotham deserves
- Batman: Arkham Origins trailer biffs, pows and thwacks its way into view
- Batman: Arkham Origins multiplayer hands-on — criminals vs. more criminals vs. heroes
- Batman: Arkham Origins reveals asymmetrical multiplayer, developed by Splash Damage
- Batman: Arkham Origins trailer introduces Copperhead
- Batman: Arkham Origins hands-on: cleaning up Gotham's streets, one masked madman at a time