UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Cloud Imperium Games
US Publisher: Cloud Imperium Games
Developer: Cloud Imperium Games
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
Despite publishers’ insistence that space trading sims are deader than adventure games, Chris Roberts (of Wing Commander fame) managed to rake in $8 million worth of funding from both Kickstarter and his Roberts Space Industries website, making Star Citizen the most successful crowd-funded game project ever. He’ll be using what’s leftover after buying those jet-skis and that Caribbean island to make a persistent, massively multiplayer combat/trading game, with a separate single-player component.
Latest on Star Citizen
Cloud Imperium founder and creator of the upcoming Star Citizen Chris Roberts doesn’t think Oculus VR betrayed gamers by “selling ...
- Star Citizen raises $30 million, increases funding for Squadron 42 single-player campaign
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen is a PC game, will never be "dumbed down for a lesser platform"
- Star Citizen raises $26 million, adds deeper capital ship gameplay
- Star Citizen trailer introduces Anvil Aerospace, $24 million stretch goal achieved
- Star Citizen has raised $21 million, unlocking the 'salvage' career path
- Star Citizen raises $20 million, unlocks planet-side first-person combat
- Star Citizen still a perpetual money machine, will add first person ground combat at $20 million
- Star Citizen raises $17 million, launches cosmetic store for hangar module
- Star Citizen's first playable module arrives with backers next week
- Star Citizen crowdfunding still rising, surpasses $15 million