Far Cry 3
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Ubisoft UK
US Publisher: Ubisoft
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal, MASSIVE Entertainment & Ubisoft Shanghaï
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 18
Ubisoft's third jungle getaway takes the best parts of Far Cry 2 (except for the Buddy system - we'll miss you Paul Ferenc), and removes the stuff that most people hate: respawning checkpoints and degrading guns being the most egregious examples. While it's less immersive and more dubstep than its direct predecessor, Far Cry 3's huge, varied open world, its memorable characters and expressive motion capture, and its compellingly ridiculous crafting system make up for it. You're Jason Brody, a thrillseeker turned hunter turned cocky hardened killer, who likes to make wallets and pick flowers in his spare time.
VerdictRead the review
A huge and excitingly rich open world. Prowl it like a hunter, plan sneaky attacks, and turn the animal kingdom into bags.
Latest on Far Cry 3
It's a shame to let a good engine go to waste, especially when it can expertly handle a huge, beautiful ...
- Assassin's Creed and Far Cry lift Ubisoft to $83.3 million in profits last year
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon releases today, launch trailer promises robo-balls to the wall action
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon walkthrough shows lasers, lizards and luminescence
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon's live-action trailer is as silly as you might expect
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon hands on - the game that would make ten-year-old you’s head explode
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon reveal trailer is the most 80s thing you will see today
- Mod of the Week: Far Cry 3: Ziggys Mod
- The Walking Dead and Far Cry 3 score big at BAFTA Video Game Award nominations
- Far Cry 3 producer: Vaas compares to Darth Vader
- Far Cry 3 concept art shows theme parks, tourist resorts and other rejected ideas