UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Bethesda
US Publisher: Bethesda
Developer: Arkane Studios
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 18
The emergent stealth game made a triumphant comeback with Dishonored (well, after poking its head out of the shadows with Deus Ex: Human Revolution). There's a bit of Thief, a bit of BioShock and a bit of Batman in here, resulting in a gloriously open stealth-action title set in fantastic new world.
As bodyguard-turned-assassin Corvo Attano, your mission is one of revenge, sneaking, and occasionally turning into a fish - or it is once you've attracted the attention of Dunwall's mysterious god/devil figure The Outsider. Armed with supernatural powers, you can turn bodies to ash, possess small animals and eventually people and - best of all - teleport short distances via Blink.
We've only scratched the surface of Dishonored's fascinating Victoriana setting, but we're dying - actually, Dunwall City Watch is dying - to see more.
VerdictRead the review
A gorgeous, complex and slick assassination sim, with fascinating systems to play with and huge open levels to explore.
Latest on Dishonored
You fool! You didn't actually buy the excellent first-person sneak 'n stabber Dishonored, did you? As always, the fiscally sensible ...
- Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall trailer shows Daud having a whale of a time
- Dishonored's Harvey Smith on why there's still life in single-player games
- Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall hands-on - murder spree in a blood-slick slaughterhouse
- Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall DLC lets you atone for Daud's sins
- Dishonored takes Best Game at BAFTA awards
- Skyrim, Dishonored, Morrowind and other Bethesda soundtracks now available on iTunes
- Dishonored and The Walking Dead score high in Game Developers Choice Award nominations
- Ex-Dishonored dev on violence in games: we're too often "blinded by the fear of censorship"
- The Best NPC Barks of the Year 2012: Dishonored
- The Singleplayer Shooter of the Year 2012: Dishonored