UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Bohemia Interactive
US Publisher: Bohemia Interactive
Developer: Dean "Rocket" Hall
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 16
Dean "Rocket" Hall's acclaimed mod takes Bohemia Interactive's military sim Arma 2 and twists it into a tense, emergent, survival multiplayer experience, partly by adding zombies, but mainly by allowing players to be utter bastards to one another. While you can always be sure of a zombie's intentions, you never know whether a fellow human is going to lend you supplies, rob you blind or blow your head off - often they settle on all three.
Despite being out for months before, the Day Z mod recently hit Steam, allowing it to be installed with a minimum of fuss. Hall is currently working on a standalone release that unshackles the game from its Arma 2 requirement, while polishing and revamping it in the process.
Latest on DayZ
Every week, DayZ Diaries recounts Andy's adventures in post-apocalyptic survival sim DayZ, where beans and friends are frequently in short ...
- DayZ Diaries: the one where Andy decides never to trust anyone ever again
- DayZ's Dean Hall answers anything on Reddit
- DayZ diaries: the one where Andy turns to the dark side
- DayZ patch notes are weird, new experimental build coming Monday
- DayZ diary: the one where PC Gamer is hunted by the internet
- PC Gamer stream: watch us play DayZ
- DayZ sold one million copies in four weeks
- DayZ Standalone released on Steam early access
- DayZ Standalone gets eight minutes of axey, compassy new footage
- DayZ standalone appears in Steam database as Early Access