UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Bohemia Interactive
US Publisher: Bohemia Interactive
Developer: Dean "Rocket" Hall
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 16
Dean "Rocket" Hall's acclaimed mod takes Bohemia Interactive's military sim Arma 2 and twists it into a tense, emergent, survival multiplayer experience, partly by adding zombies, but mainly by allowing players to be utter bastards to one another. While you can always be sure of a zombie's intentions, you never know whether a fellow human is going to lend you supplies, rob you blind or blow your head off - often they settle on all three.
Despite being out for months before, the Day Z mod recently hit Steam, allowing it to be installed with a minimum of fuss. Hall is currently working on a standalone release that unshackles the game from its Arma 2 requirement, while polishing and revamping it in the process.
Latest on DayZ
Since its December release, the most complex and frightening encounters I've had in the DayZ Standalone have involved other human ...
- DayZ Diaries: the one where it rains a lot, and Andy mercy-kills a fellow survivor
- DayZ Diaries: the one where a friendly player gives Andy a crisis of conscience
- DayZ patch to add machetes, clapping, penalties for server-hopping
- DayZ Diaries: the one where Andy decides never to trust anyone ever again
- DayZ's Dean Hall answers anything on Reddit
- DayZ diaries: the one where Andy turns to the dark side
- DayZ patch notes are weird, new experimental build coming Monday
- DayZ diary: the one where PC Gamer is hunted by the internet
- PC Gamer stream: watch us play DayZ
- DayZ sold one million copies in four weeks