UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: 2K Games
US Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: Gearbox Software
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 18
Building on the original Borderlands, this post-apocalyptic shooty action-RPG sequel features four new Vault Hunters, a huge new section of the planet Pandora to explore, and probably a gazillion more guns to shoot at bad guys' hollering faces, while retaining everything we loved about the first game. The demented robot Claptrap is just as annoying, Gearbox's in-jokey sense of humour is intact (and more pervasive than ever), and co-op is still an absolute blast.
As with its predecessor, Borderlands 2's been supported by a handful of compelling expansions, ranging from an extra character class - Gaige the Mechromancer, who fights beside her loyal pal robot - to additional chunks of land and missions, featuring yet more memorably... enthusiastic characters.
VerdictRead the review
An even more satisfying and tactically interesting shooter, with great missions and excitingly random guns.
Latest on Borderlands 2
You'd think that with the success of Borderlands 2, Gearbox would already be hard at work on Borderlands 3, but ...
- Borderlands 2 announces community sweepstakes with $100,000 in prizes
- Borderlands 2 Game of the Year edition announced, contains lots to shoot
- Gearbox blog reveals the delicate work of adjusting FOV in first-person games
- Borderlands 2: Game of the Year edition listing found in Steam database
- Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep trailer invites you to its twisted fantasy
- Krieg the Psycho gets a backstory, inner monologue in new Borderlands 2 short film
- Borderlands 2 DLC will cast Tiny Tina as a pen-and-paper GM
- Krieg the Psycho is literally on fire in this Borderlands 2 DLC footage
- Borderlands 2's Tiny Tina accused of conveying racism, writer says he may change her in future
- Gearbox: Borderlands 2 level cap increase by March