PC Gamer weekly round-up
The big news this week was a surplus of information on Crysis 3 - but it's stealth action FPS Dishonored that creeped in and impressed us with its old-school open-ended sensibilities. Elsewhere, our hopes for STALKER 2 were finally and tragically squashed, but new tidbits of information just might have slipped out about Half-Life 2: Episode 3.
We also took a closer look at Sniper Elite: V2, Guild Wars 2, Microsoft Flight, and TERA. Read on for a full list of this week's biggest stories.
- Gabe Newell maybe talked a bit about Half-Life 2: Episode 3, perhaps, by talking about Ricochet 2 instead.
- Duncan Geere reviewed 1000 Amps.
- Evan took a look at Crysis 3, and interviewed Crytek's senior creative director.
- Tom Francis took Crytek to task over the Crysis series' unpopular extraterrestrials.
- Henry Winchester previewed Sniper Elite V2, while Tyler took his best shot at the demo.
- Steve Hogarty reviewed Microsoft Flight.
- Josh played the first few levels with Guild Wars 2's Asura race, and Chris and Graham talked their way through 20 minutes of World vs. World PvP. You can also join our community in the beta weekend.
- Josh went to war in TERA.
- Chris got a good look at Dishonored, and interviewed designers Harvey Smith (Deus Ex) and Raf Colantonio (Dark Messiah).
- STALKER 2's cancellation was finally confirmed, but hope is on the horizon.
If you had to talk about Half-Life 2: Episode 3 without actually talking about Half-Life 2: Episode 3, how would you talk about it? The most tortured analogy doesn't win a prize.