US Release Date:
Developer: Frontier Developments
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
The Kickstarter campaign for Elite: Dangerous launched with a logo, a bunch of promises, and designer David Braben's head, but it inevitably received close to two million pounds of fans' money - this a new Elite game, after all. Originally known as Elite 4, Dangerous languished in development limbo for years, but thanks to the power of Kickstarter, the galactic space trading game will soon be reborn.
Braben's latest will retain the huge, procedurally generated galaxy normally associated with Elite, throwing online multiplayer and an EVE Online-style economy into the mix. Brilliantly (and perhaps worryingly) ambitious, Elite: Dangerous is currently on track for a 2014 release.
Latest on Elite: Dangerous
Elite: Dangerous continues to impress. From its intricate trade routes to its unbelievably sexy hyperspace jumps, the future of interstellar ...
- Elite: Dangerous' David Braben on crowdfunding challenges: "People took a lack of material for a lack of faith"
- Elite: Dangerous holds "over 100 billion" star systems, says Frontier Developments
- Elite: Dangerous blitzes Kickstarter goal; new stretch goals added
- Elite: Dangerous developers cut staff, insist prospects "remain healthy"
- Elite: Dangerous dev video shows multiplayer roles, churning convoy ambush
- New Elite: Dangerous dev diary shows off galaxy evolution
- Elite: Dangerous dev diary shows multiplayer footage
- First Elite Dangerous footage takes cover behind lead designer
- Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter updated with video and concept art