And in other PC gaming news...
Can you find the white crystal? All I know for sure is that it's not inside my top drawer, or my bin, or any of the other five places I've checked. The Star Wars: The Old Republic players are bound to have more luck. I didn't even know I wanted a whitesaber until I saw the picture of its only wielder, Catch, showing it off on his server. Now, like all the best loot, I MUST HAVE IT.
Talking of things I must have, a vial full of a mystical liquid that can explode and freeze objects when thrown. That way I'd be able to hold my own slow motion fight scenes wherever I wanted, just like the assassin from the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition trailer earlier. To be sure, CGI trailers rarely have much to do with the game they're tied to, but they're a great spectacle nonetheless.
Want some more spectacle? There's a pinch of it in the latest edition of our daily round-up, which includes the first ten minutes of Operation Raccoon City and the rumoured setting for Assassin's Creed 3.
- A certain Tom Francis on Gamasutra, chatting about his game, Gunpoint.
- Here's what the first ten minutes of Operation Raccoon City looks like. No raccoons :(
- A CVG source suggests that the next Assassin's Creed game will be set in the American Revolution.
- Tomb Raider enters alpha, giving Crystal Dynamics plenty of time to test it before its Autumn release.
- GamesRadar take an early look at Dirt: Showdown.
- The Xbox 360 is a fast fading blip in the PC’s rearview mirror. The next-gen consoles will be looking to compete, but it won’t be this year according to Sony and Microsoft.
- Splash Damage hire Enslaved’s lead dev, which could give us a hint at their future direction.
Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, lightsabers only came in three colours. Red was for evil dudes, green and blue were for less evil ones. In hindsight, that was a completely arbitrary division. Games have shown us the way, lightsabers can be any colour they choose to be, but which colour is the best? I'm still partial to red myself.